Working Together to Benefit Alliance Member News Organizations.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
Through regular and ongoing conversations with the major tech platforms, the News Media Alliance is working to help news publishers and journalists find ways to improve their return from and use of those platforms. To do that, the Alliance routinely hosts meetings between the platforms and members to learn about new innovations and advancements from the platforms and to share the needs and concerns of the news organizations.
Below you’ll find information on past and upcoming meetings, as well as contact information should you wish to participate in a future event.
Alliance Video Call with Twitter on Monetization Opportunities
Thursday, February 14, during a video call with the Alliance’s Digital Advisory Group, Twitter updated Alliance members on how they can benefit from sponsored tweets and Twitter’s plans to develop a program for local news organizations to effectively monetize their content on the platform:
- A business can pay to promote news content on Twitter, with the revenue from the sponsored content split evenly between Twitter and the business, effectively giving the organization 1.5 times the value of the sponsorship.
- Twitter will likely select the beta test participants for its Local News Monetization Program by the second quarter of 2019 and will share the learning outcomes with the Alliance.
News Media Alliance Meetings
- Check back soon
- Thursday, February 21, 2019, 2:00 p.m. ET: News Media Alliance Digital Advisory Group call
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 – News Media Alliance & Amazon (TBD)
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 3:30 p.m. ET – News Media Alliance Digital Advisory Group and Twitter video call – see meeting notes below
- Wednesday, January 19, 2019 – News Media Alliance & Apple
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 – News Media Alliance & Google Summit (Mountain View, CA)
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018 – News Media Alliance & Twitter (New York, NY)
To participate in a meeting
Please contact Alliance Senior VP, Strategic Initiatives Danielle Coffey at firstname.lastname@example.org.