Specific Duties and Responsibilities
With guidance from the Vice President / Public Policy, the Manager/Public Policy will be responsible for the following:
– Manage the planning, development and implementation of public policy initiatives related to news media outlets and digital distribution of content.
– Represent the association’s views and interests on these initiatives before Congress, the Executive Branch, industry coalitions, association committees and other organizations.
– Monitor, review and analyze industry trends, federal and state regulations, and any additional sources of information for developments on these issues.
– Coordinate and develop communications, including talking points, alerts, and white papers that will be distributed to government audiences, members and the public.
– Effectively respond to member inquiries related to public policy matters.
– Develop relationships with member companies, congressional offices, and government agencies on policy issues through meetings, working groups, coalitions, and grassroots.
– Social media outreach and write technology policy blogs.
– Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process
– Experience in technology policy preferred but not required
– At least 5-7 years experience in public policy / advocacy
– Demonstrated ability to manage issues / projects; coordinate with others; monitor progress; and evaluate outcomes
– Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate, formulate and recommend decisions and make sound decisions
– Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal communications both orally and in writing
– Engineering or Computer Science degree preferred, but not required
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.