Social Media & Content Manager
The News Media Alliance is seeking an experienced and digitally-savvy writer and social media manager to write, edit and produce multimedia content for the association’s communication platforms. The position is also responsible for communicating relevant trends and successes to the Alliance’s membership and to public audiences through articles, newsletters, blog posts, and social media, as well as video and/or multimedia projects.
The Social Media & Content Manager will work collaboratively with the Communications team to produce and execute marketing and web visual content, such as infographics, videos and other artwork across Alliance platforms. The position will also work closely with Alliance staff responsible for digital advocacy, public policy, research and advertising/revenue to identify and report on key trends and news publisher development.
Successful applicants will have the ability to develop engaging digital content using compelling visuals, and assimilate large amounts of information and communicate it quickly and effectively. Prior experience working with content management systems is a must.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Create and execute organic and paid social media campaigns across multiple platforms to raise awareness of the News Media Alliance, our programs, issues, and events.
- Effectively use visuals and action-oriented language to drive desired outcomes.
- Maintain the Alliance’s daily/weekly presence on top social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and generate engagement around Alliance-branded content.
- Conduct regular, targeted social media outreach to engage audiences and thought leaders.
- Implement and monitor performance of social media advertising and adjust as needed to achieve organization objectives.
- Produce weekly original blog content for the Alliance website.
- Coordinate and assist CEO and VPs with issue-specific writing (blog posts, op-eds, etc.) and social media campaigns.
- Draft op-eds for senior staff, sample editorials, and other original articles for the Alliance blog about news industry trends and issues of interest to Alliance members.
- Monitor and post Alliance content regularly to social media.
- Create and send regular eblasts (including e-newsletters and dedicated eblasts) promoting Alliance programs, advocacy, research, and events using the Alliance’s email marketing tools.
- Create infographics on issues and trends for social media.
- Edit video highlight reels and audio clips for Alliance website.
- Assist with planning and promotion of member webinars.
- Produce reports on engagement and reach of social media campaigns, coverage of op-eds and editorials, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience working in journalism and social media marketing on multiple platforms.
- Excellent writing skills, strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience executing social media marketing for business, including running paid promotions/ad campaigns.
- Familiarity with Sprout Social and Later social media scheduling tools a plus.
- Experience using email marketing tools, such as Highroad (Adestra) and Mailchimp.
- Ability to translate complex information, including data, into clear and concise content for the web, print and social media.
- Experience working with content management and web publishing systems, particularly WordPress. Some page-level design and basic HTML/CSS coding knowledge a plus.
- Some graphic design experience, including photo and video editing, Adobe Suite, and other graphic design tools.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms.
- Knowledge of the news publishing industry a plus.
- Professional manner and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; be able to multitask and work quickly to meet deadlines; and work independently as well as on a team.