The Alliance has the following open positions:
Director, Digital Advocacy / Counsel
The Alliance is now hiring for a Director, Digital Advocacy / Counsel. The Director, Digital Advocacy / Counsel is responsible for advancing the association’s digital policy advocacy agenda before the U.S. Congress, federal agencies, international organizations and governments, and external third parties to ensure a future for journalism.
Duties & Responsibilities
Director, Digital Advocacy / Counsel will be responsible for the following:
- Focus on policy initiatives affecting news media outlets and digital distribution of news content, including areas related to international, copyright, privacy and relationships with the tech platforms.
- Represent the association’s views and interests on these initiatives before Congress, the Executive Branch, international entities, industry coalitions, association committees and other organizations.
- Monitor, review and analyze industry trends, international, federal and state regulations, and additional sources of information for developments on these issues.
- Coordinate and develop communications, including talking points, alerts and white papers that are distributed to government audiences, members and the public.
- Effectively respond to member inquiries related to digital policy issues.
- Develop relationships with member companies, congressional offices and government agencies on policy issues through meetings, working groups, coalitions and grassroots.
- Assist with social media outreach, communications to members and the public .
- Assist in legal compliance with ethics and other state and federal requirements.
- Assist with other legal assignments related to the organization’s activities as necessary.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- At least 5-7 years experience in public policy / advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to manage issues / projects; coordinate with others; monitor progress; and evaluate outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate, formulate and recommend decisions and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal communications, both orally and in writing
- Experience in technology and policy strongly preferred
To apply for the Director, Digital Advocacy / Counsel, please send your resume, cover letter, a writing sample and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.