- Kirsten Ballard
On the first day of Christmas, my journalist wants from me…
- An Amazon Echo to read the news
On the second day of Christmas, my journalist wants from me…
- Two VR headsets, and an Amazon Echo to read the news.
No, we won’t do the whole post like that! But here are some great holiday gift ideas for the newshound in your life:
- Movie tickets to see “The Post”, starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks in this period drama about the Pentagon Papers.
- If staying in is more their style, check out our list of inspiring, hilarious and edgy journalism movies and pick up a few DVDs they can pop in after chasing a story.
- Is your writer the life of the party? Pick up “Man Bites Dog,” a hilarious headline crafting group game, and take turns coming up with the most sensational story ideas.
- You really can’t go wrong with a gift card to Starbucks—as coffee is the lifeblood of most newsrooms.
- Another great gift card is to Audible.com where they can binge their favorite industry podcasts while driving around town, chasing down stories.
- Not a podcast fan? A subscription to a newspaper is both a nice gesture and useful. Many subscriptions offer digital and print options, allowing your recipient to pick their favorite medium.
- Is there a better gift than the gift of time? Save them countless hours by buying a subscription to a transcribing service.
- Moleskin notebooks and nice pens make great stocking stuffers and will immediately get used.
- It’s been a long year of attacks on the media; let them know you know they are making a difference with a Washington Post shirt imprinted with the saying, “Democracy Dies in Darkness.”