Interested in becoming a partner of the Support Real News campaign? Read on to learn more and sign up!
What is a Support Real News Partner?
A Support Real News Partner is any group or organization that would like to promote the Support Real News campaign through disseminating campaign materials and/or hosting special events that complement the Support Real News mission.
These organizations include nonprofits, colleges and universities, trade associations, K-12 schools, media organizations, etc.
What is the mission of the Support Real News campaign?
The mission of the Support Real News campaign is to highlight the ongoing need for high-quality, investigative journalism — like that provided by respected news organizations — in order to combat the proliferation of fake news that has led to confusion and misinformation in the public.
What are the responsibilities of a Support Real News partner?
At a minimum, we would request that a Support Real News partner to:
1. Publicize the campaign by using the campaign logo on your website, social media channels and other communication materials.
In addition, you can:
2. Distribute the official campaign ads in your member publications;
3. Share campaign materials on your website and in other communication materials;
4. Post information and articles on the campaign and related topics such as news literacy, fake news, etc.
5. Execute your own branded programs, such as:
– Hosting a panel or other event on a related topic (must be approved as an SRN partner event)
Does it cost anything to become a Support Real News partner?
No, being a Support Real News Partner is absolutely free. In this way, we hope to extend the reach of the campaign as wide as possible, perpetuating the core messages among public audiences.
Who are the Support Real News partners?
To view our growing list of Support Real News partners, click here.
How do I register my organization to become a Support Real News campaign partner?
Just fill out the form below (or, if you are having trouble completing the form on our website, you can fill one out here)
View featured events being planned by Support Real News Partners.
News Media Alliance, Facebook Live panel on news literacy (Oct. 3, 2017)
News Media Alliance, Facebook Live panel on fake news (Mar. 29, 2017)