When: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 8:15 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. EDT
Where: Renaissance Hotel, Washington, DC
The News/Media Alliance is happy to be partnering with Economic Liberties on the Anti-Monopoly Summit. We invite our Alliance members to attend the Summit on May 4, 2023 at the Renaissance Hotel in Washington D.C. This Summit will bring together the growing anti-monopoly movement in a marquee one-day conference to build power and engage with senior policymakers from across the country.
The anti-monopoly movement has swelled in prominence in recent years. Historic appointments at the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and the White House, alongside bipartisan leadership in Congress and President Biden’s July 2021 Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the U.S. launched a successful all-of-government agenda to arrest corporate power.
For more information, visit antimonopolysummit.org.
Keynote speakers include:
- Amy Klobuchar, Senator for the State of Minnesota
- Lael Brainard, Director, National Economic Council
- Lina Khan, Chair, Federal Trade Commission
- Jonathan Kanter, Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice
- Jennifer Abruzzo, General Counsel, National Labor Relations Board
- Summer Lee, Representative for the State of Pennsylvania
- Doha Mekki, Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice
- Elizabeth Wilkins, Chief of Staff to the Chair and Director, Office of Policy and Planning, Federal Trade Commission
- Patrick Spence, CEO of Sonos
- More speakers coming soon.
Organizations supporting the event include Common Future, Demand Progress, Digital Content Next, Future of Music Coalition, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, National Community Pharmacists Association, National Grocers Association, News/Media Alliance, Small Business Majority, Economic Security Project, Kauffman Foundation, Omidyar Network.
Members of the News/Media Alliance staff have contributed to this post.