September 26 – 27, 2023 | Washington, D.C.
More than 80 news publishers and advocates representing over 25 states across the country met with Members of Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. on September 27, 2023, for the News/Media Alliance’s ‘Support Journalism’ Fly-In to advocate for the importance of quality journalistic and creative content and the need for legislative action in the United States. To view a collection of photos from the Support Journalism Awards Reception and fly-in, click here.
Make your voice heard! Join your peers and colleagues in Washington, D.C. from September 26-27 for the Support Journalism Parade where you will have the opportunity to meet with Members of Congress to reinforce the need for legislation compensating news publishers for our valuable content.
This event is invitation-only. If you have not received an invitation and are interested in attending, please contact Judy Gawczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How this works:
The Alliance will:
- Have your meetings scheduled
- Hold an orientation and prepare you for what to expect
- Provide you with talking points
- Provide you with an app where you’ll easily be able to access your meeting schedule, talking points, and other important details. You will receive details on how to access the app closer to event.
Complimentary, advanced registration is required. Registration is now closed.
Please contact Judy Gawczynski if you have any questions – Judy@newsmediaalliance.org.
Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Our room block is now closed.
To book a room at our event hotel at the date-of rate, please click this link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/washington-dc/hyatt-regency-washington-on-capitol-hill/wasrw
Please note that availability may be limited.
To view other nearby hotel options, click here.
Tuesday, September 26
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. | News/Media Alliance Support Local Journalism Awards Reception – Hosted by The Washington Post
There are many great restaurants near The Washington Post and the Hyatt, click here for dinner recommendations.
Wednesday, September 27
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. | Breakfast and Hill Visit Briefing (Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill, Congressional A)
- 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Capitol Hill Advocacy Visits
The News/Media Alliance is offering a travel stipend of up to $1,000 to those who are in need of financial assistance and wouldn’t be able to attend without it. For consideration to receive the stipend, individuals can apply for it when registering. Once approved, in order to receive reimbursement for event-related travel expenses, participants must:
- Stay within the designated room block at the Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Submit expenses with receipts up to $1,000 by October 31, 2023.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you to our partners for their support:
National Newspaper Association
Members of the News/Media Alliance staff have contributed to this post.