mediaXchange "Futures of News" Video Contest
Calling all journalism students! We want to know how you envision the future of news. Send us your video entries for a chance to win prizes! The News Media Alliance seeks video entries from college students enrolled in journalism programs.
The videos will focus on why the future of media is bright, and what inspired these students to pursue journalism. Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place entries, at $1,000 and $500 respectively.
To enter, upload an original video to YouTube and email a link to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
The top 10 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges. Selections will be based on originality, technical excellence and artistic merit.
Public voting, conducted through Facebook on the News Media Alliance page, will take place April 10-April 26, 2017. Winners will be announced at the mediaXchange conference, taking place April 30–May 3, 2017 in New Orleans.
1. All original video entries should highlight the “Futures of News.”
2. Entries must be under 60 seconds in length, uploaded to YouTube (made public) and a link emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Futures of News Entry, Last Name.” Please include an unofficial transcript attached to the email to prove registration.
3. The competition is open to full-time graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled in a journalism or communication major at a college or university.
4. Winning students must be able to apply the prize to the 2017-2018 school year. Students not continuing their education at a university, or college will not be eligible.
5. By submitting your entry, you are attesting that you have the necessary authorization to use the images audio, text and other content contained in your video. Please do not enter if you are in violation or uncertain or your rights to any copyrights, patents, trademarks, video, music or intellectual property. Applicants will be held fully liable under the law for any copyright or other intellectual property violations.
6. Submissions found incomprehensible, inappropriate or in violation of intellectual property rights for any reason will not be accepted into the competition.
7. The 2017 entry window runs from Jan 9 to March 31. The Alliance is not responsible for any entry that is not received by such date.
8. Winning entries will be made available to associated websites for airing at their discretion.
9. Winning entries will receive the following prices for the fall 2017 semester:
a. First Place: $1,000
b. Second Place: $500
10. Prizes will only be made payable to the university, college or technical college where the student is enrolled and will be applied to the student’s account.